Mobile Home after a tornado
From time to time I am asked about SC homeowners insurance for a "modular home".
I am sure as these type dwellings become more and more popular, this will increase. It is always a tricky discussion because I have to ask a series of questions to make sure that I am insuring the property correctly. When I question the customer, I am trying to make sure the home is truly a modular home and not a mobile home or manufactured home. Mobile Home insurance is a totally different thing. Here are some of the differences between modular homes and mobile homes:
- A modular home is built in a factory under a controlled environment. It is constructed in several sections and put together on the job site.
- A modular home is NOT built around a metal automotive frame to keep it mobile.
- A modular home is NOT titled but is deeded.
- A modular home is transported to the job site on a flat bed trailer.
- A modular home is lifted onto a permanent foundation by a crane. A modular home is NOT underpinned.
- A modular home has the electric meter base on the home itself and not on a separate pole.:
SC Car Insurance, SC Renters Insurance, Myrtle Beach Auto and Home Insurance